This happened recently and may happen elsewhere also.A few weeks ago, in a movie theatre in Mumbai, a person felt something poking from her seat.
When she got up to see what it was, she found a needle sticking out of the seat with a attached note saying :
"You have just been infected by HIV".
The Disease Control Center reports many similar events in many other cities recently. All tested needles were HIV Positive.
The Center also reports that needles have been found in cash dispensers at public banking machines.
We ask ev eryone to use extreme caution when faced with this kind of situation. All public chairs/seats should be inspected with vigilance and caution before use. A careful visual inspection should be enough.In addition, they ask that each of you pass this message along to all members of your family and your friends of the potential danger. The information about the incident has been sent by the Police to all departments
Recently, one doctor has narrated a somewhat similar instance that happened to one of his patients at the Priya Cinema in Delhi. A young girl, engaged and about to be married in a couple of months,was pricked while the movie was going on. The tag with the needle had the message "Welcome to the World of HIV family".
Though the doctors told her family that it takes about 6 months before the virus grows strong enough to start damaging the system and a healthy victim could survive about 5-6 years, the girl died in 4 months, perhaps more because of the "Shock - thought".
We all have to be careful at public places, rest God help! Just think about saving a life by forwarding this message.
Please, take a few seconds of your time to pass along.